- Salary Range – $125,000 to $170,000
- Minimum 5 years of experience in public accounting
- Technically proficient understanding of complex taxation issues and implications, federal and state tax laws and capable of preparing more complicated tax returns
- Experience in middle-market manufacturing and distribution companies
- Multi-state and Estate planning experience preferred
- CPA license required
- Excellent client services and communication skills
- Ability to direct and review the work of department staff, supervise and train
- Ability to make independent decisions on most clients issues and concerns
Senior Tax Manager/Principal
- Salary Range – $170,000 to $220,000
Hedman Partners is looking for a Senior Tax Manager or Principal with a minimum of eight (8) years of experience. This outstanding opportunity places the eligible candidate on a direct path to Partner.
- The overall management, leadership, training, and supervision of staff (entry-level, senior, and supervisor-level individuals) on various tax engagements.
- Managing the significant responsibility of reviewing complex tax returns prepared by team members while following a structured timeline of due dates and deadlines.
- Proactively building, managing, and communicating effectively with clients to provide superior client service.
- Owning client relationships and work
- Strategizing with Managing Directors regarding planning.
- Provide clients with recommendations and guidance on how to achieve their goals and assist in identifying opportunities for growth with clients.
- Researching complex tax and accounting issues and providing guidance to clients.
- Working closely with staff, and assisting senior management in mentoring, coaching, training, supervising, and evaluating staff.
- Foster a team environment; demonstrates support of management and decisions and build a positive culture.
- Active CPA
- Desire to become a tax partner
- At least 8-10+ years of Public Accounting Exp.
- At least 5-7+ years of Tax Management Exp.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field
- Strong Technical Review Experience
- Experience defending clients in IRS audits
- Record of success in developing relationships within a firm and with clients/prospects